Whence
I came running
to rescue
maidens
and fight
villains.

to me
the desire
to be hero
superseded
everything else
in life.

I wanted
to help others
more than
helping
myself. I
learned
a good
lesson
from that.

I walked
a narrow
walk
a plank
of life
without
spilling
my guts
even once.

Tomorrow
I walk even
grander
I still
rescue maidens
and skewer
villains
but with smile.

Larry Jaffe
-Jaffe is an internationally known and an award winning writer, author and poet.

Read more at: Larry Jaffe



Daily Quote: "Remember that whatever may be said by a lady or her friends, it is not part of conduct of a gallant or generous man to take up arms against a woman."
~Sam Houston


Linguists Corner: montón / noun
loads of, masses of
Example:
- Tengo un montón de cosas que hacer esta semana.
I’ve got loads of things to do this week.


Visit these other unique locations:

Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers
Cool iPhone Apps Free To $5 Caps

Coffee Table Poetry's GUEST BOOK is a division of Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers, and is updated often. The easiest way to enjoy the selections from talented fellow poets is to select E-mail or RSS Reader. Also, come follow us on Twitter. We look forward to sharing your own beautiful poetry with the world.
Bookmark and Share
0 Responses