By: Clinton S. Thomas

Life today
Yesterday, when I was young,
reminds me of music I once heard
and I can imagine my life being that song.
When I was young, I had the world spread out for me.

I dreamed of being a spaceman,
a cowboy, an army man, a fighter pilot
maybe even a policeman or a firefighter
and at times I knew I could be President.

Growing a little older, those dreams changed
doctor, teacher, or businessman
started to occupy my plans as I considered my
options and decided to write.

With thoughts of scripts, novels, shorts, and poetry
it was easy to see myself doing that.
Suddenly, I was older
and what I decided turned to how I would survive.

In the end there is no lake house, or hut by the sea
where typewriters and keyboards
keep me up through nights of writing.
Kids, responsibilities, and bills have become life today.


Clinton S. Thomas
Poet Domain



Daily Quote: Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
- John D. Rockefeller


Linguist Corner-SPANISH: ocultar, verb /to hide, to conceal
Example:
- Se arrojó sobre la cama, y ocultó el rostro entre las almohadas.
She flung herself on the bed and hid her face in the pillows.
- El ministro mintió y ocultó información esencial en su primera rueda de prensa.
The minister lied and concealed essential information in his first press conference.


Enjoy these other unique locations:
Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers
Cool iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Apps


Coffee Table Poetry's GUEST BOOK is a division of Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers, and is updated often. The easiest way to enjoy the selections from talented fellow poets is to select E-mail or RSS Reader. Also, come follow us on Twitter.
Posted by V. Mahfood - 2010
Bookmark and Share
0 Responses