By: Amy Cavanaugh

Distant lights gladly play the role of man-made moons -
Whose color paints the lumpy surface of the

Snow at night. They are a spotlight
For the ever-swirling flakes of fluff.
Sensuality's fluff.
Sensual

The overused swing pulls me up like a backwards roller coaster
And then releases my rosy face into

The frosty whirling wind. The wind tries to
Turn its fleeting back to me.
Childhood's wind.
Childlike

But it sticks inevitably with me. The pretty blue
Painted front door awaits my smile of a return -

Invisible in the dim of evening.
Only who-knows-what can lead me back.

Back to my flower room -
Back to my perfume -
Back to Femininity -
Back again. Back.

Amy Cavanaugh


Daily Quote: You can't get unless you give.
And you have to give without wanting to get.- Theodore H. White


Linguist Corner-FRENCH: aimer (ay-may) verb/ to love
Example:
- "Pour bien vivre, bien aimer et laisser dire."
To live well, love well and let others say what they will.

Enjoy these other unique locations:
Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers
Cool iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Apps


Coffee Table Poetry's GUEST BOOK is a division of Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers, and is updated often. The easiest way to enjoy the selections from talented fellow poets is to select E-mail or RSS Reader. Also, come follow us on Twitter.
Posted by V. Mahfood - 2010
Bookmark and Share
0 Responses